Friday, August 15, 2014

Leigh Callaway - Paolo Roversi 10

                    Is a fashion photographer, But the way he treated the face and body is rather delicate in his touch, He lighting adds to the delicate nature he holds through his photography. He stated “My photography is more subtraction than addition. I always try to take off things. We all have a sort of mask of expression. You say goodbye, you smile, you are scared. I try to take all these masks away and little by little subtract until you have something pure left. A kind of abandon, a kind of absence. It looks like an absence, but in fact when there is this emptiness I think the interior beauty comes out. This is my technique.” In his work it seems as if he tries to capture the essence of the person he is working with at the time. It was stated believed that a part of your soul is captured when you are taking pictures if its not true the way Roversi treats his subjects and photos as if he is trying capture a piece of you. I would like to attempt to be that delicate when dealing with my subjects. That is a skill i would like to hone and acquire. 









http://www.paoloroversi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment