Saturday, August 16, 2014

Nadia C Gonzales - Blog 08 - Alex Pardee

Alex Pardee is a contemporary artist who illustrates interesting characters in vibrant colors with each having their own persona and story. I found him when he was illustrating the artwork for my favorite band The Used in 2006. I was fascinated with the cd booklet and still have it to this day. I remember looking at it and realizing I wanted to purse art to give people a positive reaction as he did to me. I was so intrigued by his skill and use of color to convey the emotions of the music and lyrics. It was a successful way of bridging the gap of music and art.
Pardee also does commissions for book covers and many other bands. Although I feel there is stigma that illustration is not high art I believe it should be. I myself would not mind making art for books or musicians.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment