Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Scott Cochran reviews Gottfried Helnwein

Gottfried Helnwein is a painter, photographer, and instillation artist. Gottfried seems to mainly focus on children and in his huge photographs he puts a portrait of a young child and places it in a public space.
And when I said huge I meant HUGE. These photographs are imposing simply because of their size but also because of their composition. The none expressive faces of the children gives you a strange feeling that they are peering into you're soul. In the photo above the girls face is also painted to be more pail which causes me to be even more frightened by it. Honestly these photos will haunt my dreams. And this is just from seeing the photos on the internet. If I was to see these photos in person I would probably soil my pants. But to me thats not a bad thing it is intact a very impressive thing that a photo could cause someone to have such an emotion.



No comments:

Post a Comment