Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christy Campbell reviews Jan Smaga

I ran across Jan Smaga while looking for installation artists, the photographs caught my eye and I wanted to further investigate them.  He likes to explore the different surfaces of the human body and how he can manipulate them or look closer into them. For example, he flattens out the surface of a persons face to show the different surfaces and how they look as a non three-demensional object.



Even though this image thoroughly freaks me out, I can't help but keep staring at it and wondering how he did this.  In his other works he uses nude women to cover areas of things, like himself.  The use of repetitive nude woman seems like he is drowning in them, they have taken over his entire being.





No comments:

Post a Comment