Thursday, July 19, 2012

Amanda S. #2: shifting ideas

I have decided to postpone the childhood memories project so I can do it right.  It will take a lot of time and coordination. It would stress me out to rush to finish it within this short summer half-semester. I look forward to pursuing it for myself using my digital camera.

A lot of my inspiration comes from nature, patterns, and natural processes, such as geology, atmospheric conditions, weathering, etc.  I find it fascinating that our planet is a living breathing thing, constantly changing.  Sometimes the processes are so slow you may not even notice, such as weathering and plate tectonics.  I recently took a class on weather and climate, exploring the atmosphere as it interacts with Earth's other spheres.  It's fascinating stuff and I find myself even more excited about the approaching thunderstorms because I understand their "life cycle."  I'm one of those oddballs that actually likes thunderstorms and appreciates their beauty (yes, I stay out of harm's way). There are also optical phenomena such as blue jets, sprites, aurora, elves, trolls, and superbolts that would be incredible to capture on film, but you have to be in the right place at the right time.  Maybe someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment