Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rebecca Villarreal presents Abigail Hadeed



Okay so I found Abigail Hadeed in one of the many photo magazines that are scattered about the Darkroom, her work is pretty cool. She is a Caribbean photojournalist who tells stories about the people and places she photographs through her photography. Looking at her work strictly for the darkroom techniques her contrast is a little high and I love it. I tend to gravitate towards photos that have more contrast so I'm a little bias.She's done an artist in Residence at Light Work in 2006, where she appropriately enough learned how to create Cyanotypes and platinum printing. She's shown work in a few places and has a few books out. I hope that she will soon have a website with all of her work in one place, because I would love to see more of it

No comments:

Post a Comment