Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brianna Cristiano submits Olaf Breuning

I was at First inspired by Breuning by the complaining forest I saw in a magazine but after I looked him up online I really was drawn to the series he did called "the Marilyn's". It seems he is influenced by Andy Warhol and pop culture. What I really liked about this work was that he took something very traditional and he combined it with something that everyone is familiar with. The elegance of portraits of a women laying down is something we have seen in art history for a really long time. The mixture with that and Andy Warhol's paintings of Marilyn Monroe creates an affective spin off of the two works. Many people have tried to copy famous works of art and putting their own style on it and I think he does it successfully.

http://web.me.com/olafbreuning/photos/marilyns.html

No comments:

Post a Comment