Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ashley presents Catherine Chalmers

While roaches freak me out and I am TERRIFIED of them Catherine Chalmers has taken a series of images with the American Cockroach that don't make my skin crawl. Around 2004 she did one of her roach series and the roaches are executed, so tolerable. The thing that I find most fascinating about these is the fact that roaches are so well adapted that even in death they still seem to prevail, no matter how much bug spray you use, they still come back as gross as ever. So to see them hanging and dead is just crazy. She also does other really creepy photographs with the roaches that I just cannot bring myself to look at again let alone post but if you would like to see them you can go to catherinechalmers.com.



She also took images of genetically altered mice and the fat one is just too adorable that I have to add it.



No comments:

Post a Comment