Thursday, August 5, 2010

Andrea Huerta Bruce Barnbaum

Bruce Barnbaum is a photographer that lives in Granite Falls. He earned a Master's degree in Mathematics from UCLA in 1967 and began working in photography as a hobby. He wrote a book on Photography in 1999 that is a complete illustrated textbook on photography. His work has been shown in various galleries around the country. He is also an environmentalist. His work expresses his love of nature and I think that that is why his work inspires me. He is celebrating nature in his work and that is something I strive to do as well.
The photograph that I am drawn to is titled, "Lot River, France," from his New Landscape series. It is of a beautiful landscape that contains a castle that seems to be squeezed in between the trees. Some of the trees leaves appear white giving the photograph as sort of dreamlike and airy feel. I like the combination of the soft billowy trees against the round building with doors that look like eyes in between the trees. It seems to be from a fairy tale where strange things are about to happen. I want to capture such places in my photographs that are full of mystery and that combine nature with what man has built in it.

http://www.barnbaum.com/Home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment