Monday, March 1, 2010

"Daniel Eatock" - 3/1/10 - Brittany Gates




This post is sort of related to the last one, when we were talking about our "seeds." I talked about Bill Keaggy and the way he inspired me. So I thought it would only be fitting to look at some of the people that inspire him. He has a HUGE list on his website of other websites he likes to visit; and that's where I found Daniel Eatock.

Among other sections on his site, Daniel has one called "Photo of the Week." These are basically photos he takes going about his daily life. But he has such an eye for funny or curious things. The two photos above are called "House with Matching Van" and "Near Miss."

Now, these are obviously not shots he has set up. They are things he has stumbled upon, and yet he pays attention to composition and lines and turns these things into beautiful photographs. This type of photography inspires me and makes me want to take my camera everywhere with me, because I don't want to miss anything. And how many of these images would Daniel Eatock have missed if he hadn't bothered to walk around with his camera? We have a gift for seeing things in a way that other people don't. So maybe it's our responsibility to capture these things so others can see them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment