Sunday, September 6, 2009

9/06/09- Libby's General comments, please read

Great job to those of you who posted this week. I enjoyed reading your insights!

Some general thoughts for you to consider for your future posts.
I would like to see a more specific review rather than a general overview of all of the places you went to see. I know it is overwhelming when there is so much to see this month. Focus in on one show, even a few pieces within the exhibition and really dig into them visually and conceptually.

Read Brittany K's blog. She kept with one show the whole time, evaluated different aspects. (Others did well too...)

On comments, please make sure you sign them, we are all listed under the same login.

If you need to edit your post, there is a small pencil icon at the bottom of each one. If you click on that it allows you to go back in and make changes.

There are some glaring typos in a couple of your entries...make sure you go through and re-read before you publish. Thoroughness counts. (If there are typos in my comments you can call me on it later...and I am sure you will!)

Those of you who missed the deadline, get on top of this!

Happy Labor Day weekend to you all. See you on Wednesday morning with your photo wars images in hand and your note taking hands ready to learn how to make negatives for printing alt processes.

And thanks to those of you who made the show at the satellite space. I hope you can all get down there to see it in person at some point before it comes down on the 20th. Paho's work is amazing and I am happy with my work too! The mix of our images creates a wonderful conversation as we both draw from ideals that were established by the 1950's concept of neighborhood living.

Enough for now...
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment