Saturday, September 19, 2009

9-19-09 ashley olmos

I have been told to look at the work of brassai. This is to look at the subject matter he uses. What I have seen are night photos and they seem tohave caught people in a specific moment. I night scenes give a dramatic overtone. They seem dreary where the viewer cgets a creepy feeling. What I enjoy about these the photos i've seen they are well printing...even thought there are night shots you are able to see a lot of light. This is due to the lights in the location. I initially was curious because of some of the situations in the photos...like the men with women in hotels. It was interesting to view images of someone watching others considering that I'm interested in this types of subject matter. The idea that he tells a story with others situations like catching them in an act. I love that he could be able to capture this stuff. I've been thinking of the kind of mind frame one must be in when doing this or if it is an impulsive act. When I would even pretend to do this I was just worried the whole time whether I could get caught. I also enjoy the comic sense of these pictures because they seem comical from another persons perspective to see this act/moment in time. I am gonna give this subject matter a try and hope I won't wimp out.

No comments:

Post a Comment